My timetable this semester was so screwed up. So very screwed up. All four of the subjects I originally picked clashed. Old English B ended up clashing with Syntax. It was terribly hard to decide between the two, especially since Old English A had been my favorite subject last semester. Syntax won out in the end, for several good reasons:
1.) It starts at 10 in the morning and not 9:30, which means I can hitch a ride with mum in the mornings and not have to get up an hour earlier.
2.) Syntax = a chance to keep stalking hot girl and
3.) It's a core subject for linguistics that I want/need to do and I won't risk having it clash next year.
Anyway, instead of Old English Poetry B, which I'm going to do next year (hopefully), I picked Computer Mediated Communications as my Linguistics elective and ARGH, that
ended up clashing with my history subject, which I wasn't about to give up. So I had no choice but to leave CMC for next year as well and pick Language and Culture (the ONLY linguistics subject that didn't clash), which is an interesting enough subject, but I've had the lecturer before and I can't stand her lectures. But oh well. On the up side, cute girl might be doing Language and Culture as well, from what I remember. Anyway. Finally, to rub salt in the wound, the one subject that I absolutely MUST do this semester (2nd Language Learning and Teaching), because it isn't offered next year, has its lectures on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons at EXACTLY the two times that I have Karate during the day. GAH!!!! So for the rest of the semester, I won't be able to go to the daytime Karate sessions. Which means I'll have to make extra trips on Monday and Wednesday to go to the night time ones. GRRRRRRR.
Now, for some randomness:
- Did you know that Melbourne is in the same timezone as Vladivostok?
- I've had dreams of Rachel Nichols for like 4 days in a row. Wow. (SCORE!!!)
- Hmm. I bought some Ribena yesterday for the first time in years. Mmmm Ribena. Rhymes with Xena.
- Watching Season 1 of Hercules is rather painful. I'd never realised how damn cheesy the show was in the beginning. Also, Xena, as portrayed on Hercules is SO out of character. For one, she would /never/ deliberately injure her own horse even if it was part of her Evil Plan to Seduce Iolaus and Kill Hercules. Hmph. Also, where the hell is Ares? So far in first season, is only appearance is as a bubbling pool of tomato juice trying to pass itself off as blood and a giant hulking box-ish robotic-like demon-Ares with two red LED lights for eyes. o.o
- Saw Pirates of the Caribbean 2 the other day. I enjoyed it thoroughly, but I think I still like the first one better.
- Uni starts on Monday. Luckily for me, I don't have class on Mondays (hee).
- My dear friend selina_
is in Kenya. I miss her.
- Myspace sucks because it keeps sending me email announcements informing me that a particular friend has updated their journal, and when I click their stupid link, it takes me to a page that goes something like "Sorry, you can't see this page because so and so hasn't friended you. You are the weakest link. J00 Suxx0r. Goodbye!"
- I was PMSing when I wrote my last entry. I think I still am.
- In my angst, I downloaded like 800 mb worth of ABBA songs. Isn't that scary? In any case, it's rather amusing to listen to Waterloo in French, Fernando in Spanish, and Ring Ring in German. Not to mention the many other random Swedish songs. :-D
- And on that very odd note, I'm going to bed.